Welcome to the Data-Driven Decision Making Lab (D3M)
Our lab reenvisions urban and consumer informatics from a data-driven decision-making perspective to forge sustainable, smarter cities and more efficient, consumer-responsive businesses.
Machine Learning and Large-scale Data Analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Information Retrieval, Social Media, Recommender Systems, Sequential Decision Optimization, Operations Research, Smart Cities Applications.
- Dec 29, 2016: Iain Guilliard has won the 2016 Kikuchi-Karlaftis Best Paper Award at the 95th Annual Meeting of the Transport Research Board for his paper A Non-homogeneous Time Mixed Integer LP Formulation for Traffic Signal Control (video).
- Dec 20, 2016: We’re co-organizing two upcoming workshops at AAAI-17: Symbolic Inference and Optimization (SymInfOpt-17) and AI & OR for Social Good (AIORSocGood-17).
- Dec 19, 2016: A paper extending Hawkes Processes for modeling the impact of Twitter mentions on YouTube popularity (with colleagues at the Australian National University and the University of Michigan) has just been accepted to WWW-17!
- Dec 12, 2016: Professor Greg Jamieson and Scott Sanner have just been awarded an NSERC CRD to pursue research on machine learning for adaptive user interfaces with Uncharted Software, Inc.
- Dec 9, 2016: A paper on deep learning and sequential recommender systems for personalized adaptive user interfaces has been accepted to Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI-17)!